Calico Cut-Ups Quilt Guild * PO Box 5481 * Bella Vista AR 72714
The Calico Cut-Ups Quilt Guild was created in Bella Vista, Arkansas in 1991, by Ardith Winters, Margeann Ahnquist, and Betty Schmidt. In its second year, membership quickly grew to 77 members. Today, Calico Cut-Ups boasts nearly 200 members, who meet each month to learn, teach, and develop friendships through the common thread of quilting. Calico Cut-Ups is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
It shall be the purpose of this Guild to bring together a membership of people who are interested in quilting for education, fellowship and service. It shall further be the purpose of the membership to use the funds generated by the group, above and beyond the operating expenses of the group, to fund charitable and community projects.
Our next meeting is July 28th, 2014
Calico Cut-Ups Quilt Guild will meet at the First United Methodist Church at 20 Boyce Drive, Bella Vista on July 28, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. The speaker for July will be Candy Hargrove, designer of Jo Morton's Free-To-Use patterns for Andover Fabrics. She will present a program on how to improve your accuracy in piecing your quilt blocks.
Our "Hot" July vendor will be Sager Creek Quilts and Yarnworks from Siloam Springs. Always a treat to see Cliff & Pam. Be sure to come early to see if they have any "hot" deals.
Bring your "show and tells" to share after the meeting. Guests are always welcome!
August meeting preview
Calico Cut-Ups Quilt Guild will meet at the First United Methodist Church, 20 Boyce Dr, Bella Vista at 1:00 pm, Monday, August 25, 2014. The speaker for this month will be Vickey Beasley who will show us how to turn our scraps into works of art. She will walk you through the steps of scrap quilting.
Our vendor will be Country House Quilting, Pea Ridge, AR. Come early to shop.
Please bring your "show and tells" to show after the meeting. Guests are always welcome!
QUILT CONGRESS 2014 REMINDER
Because of the early registrations already received, this is just a reminder to register for the 2014 Quilt Congress, the classes, the challenge, as well as guild and/or workshop presenters information.
All the information is attached for your convenience. Registration forms are also available at www.hillnhollowquilters.com and check out some of the Congress happenings on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/hillnhollowquilters
- Registration deadline is September 15, 2014.
- Registrations are filling early, don’t be left out!
- Congress registration – Friday night and Saturday includes lunch
- Class registration – choose a morning or afternoon class with Dawn Heese – “Wool on Cotton Applique” or an all day class with Cathy Audley and Sue Chaffee “Making Blah Fabric Look Brilliant”. Both classes include kits. No sewing machines required.
- Sing-a-Long Challenge – great prizes plus a viewers’ choice prize will be awarded. Registration form required.
- Guild and/or Workshop Presenters – complete the form in the packet so all Guild’s will know about your expertise.